COLUMBUS, Ohio -- As we near the end of the month of January, we’ve seen plenty of great action in Central Ohio. After an exciting week last week, we have brand new Division III and Division IV rankings.
(team, record, strength of record points)
1. Harvest Prep (12-2, 15) - Harvest Prep remains atop the rankings this week on the back of two dominant wins over Middletown Madison and Berne Union. The Warriors have two big league matchups this week with No. 3 (D4) Fisher Catholic and No. 1 (D4) Bishop Rosecrans. They are the clear front runners for a district title at this point and are one of the top Division III teams in the entire state.
2. Worthington Christian (12-4, 15) - The Warriors jump up to No. 2 this week riding a four-game winning streak on the heels of a big league win over Columbus Academy on Friday night. They have two road tests this week against No. 4 Johnstown and Grove City Christian.
3. Columbus Academy (9-4, 14) - The Vikings fall a spot in this week's rankings after picking up a big win over Whitehall on Wednesday before falling to Worthington Christian on Friday night. They have two games that they must be prepared for this week against No. 9 West Jefferson and No. 9 (D2) Bexley.
4. Johnstown (11-2, 13) - The Johnnies remain at No.4 this week after picking up two league wins over Utica and Licking Heights last week. They have a big trio of games this week against Northridge, No. 2 Worthington Christian and at Newark Catholic. If Johnstown remains undefeated through this stretch, they should climb in the rankings.
5. Fairbanks (13-2, 6) - Fairbanks climbs all the way up to No. 5 after picking up three wins last week, one of which was their statement win so far this season, taking down West Jefferson on the road. Cross Hackathorne may just be the best Division III player you haven’t heard about.
6. Grandview Heights (9-5, 8) - The return of Luke Lachey brought good news for the Bobcats this week as they picked up a big win over Bexley and moved up four spots in the rankings. If they pick up three wins this week over Washington Court House, Whitehall, and Northmor, it will be safe to say that Grandview Heights is back.
7. Pleasant (11-4, 2) - Pleasant plummets two spots in this weeks set of rankings after going 1-2 last week and suffering two tough losses to Shelby and Mansfield Senior. They will not have it easy this week either with a trio of games versus Marion Harding, Buckeye Valley and River Valley.
8. Amanda-Clearcreek (11-5, 4) - The Aces jump into the new rankings after continuing their great play in the MSL-Buckeye with wins over Bloom-Carroll and Logan Elm. They have two more matchups this week, one with New Hope Christian and the other a big league matchup with Hamilton Township.
9. West Jefferson (12-4, 5) - Dropping a spot in this set of rankings of suffering a loss to Fairbanks on Friday, the Roughriders have another big test this week. They take on No. 3 Columbus Academy Tuesday before heading to Mechanicsburg on Friday. A win over Academy would do a lot for West Jeff’s confidence going into the district tournament.
10. Bishop Ready (6-8, 6) - The Silver Knights jump back into the rankings this week after picking up two big wins over Centerburg and Bishop Hartley. Look for them to ride that momentum into three road matchups this week with Liberty Christian, Franklin Heights and Cincinnati Roger Bacon.
1. Bishop Rosecrans (13-2, 5) - Full disclosure: At 270 Hoops, we try to mainly cover teams from the Central District and sometimes we have weird dilemmas with teams like Rosecrans, Fairfield Union, etc. that play in local conferences but not in our tournament. However, after continuing to run through the Division IV teams in the area, we have no choice but to rank Bishop Rosecrans at No. 1 in the division from here on out. Rosecrans knocked off the top two teams last week in Berne Union and Fisher Catholic, both on the road. They ride a seven-game winning streak into two tough games this week against West Muskingum and No. 1 (D3) Harvest Prep.
2. Berne Union (10-4, 3) - Despite taking a tough loss to Rosecrans last week, the Rockets still picked up a great win over Fisher Catholic on Tuesday. They will try to ride this momentum into three big games with Wellington, Circleville and Grove City Christian this week.
3. Fisher Catholic (10-5, 2) - The Irish drop two spots down to No. 3 this week after taking two tough losses against Berne Union and Rosecrans. It does not get any easier for the Irish this week with matchups on the road at No. 1 (D3) Harvest Prep and Wellington.
4. Tree of Life (13-3, 0) - The Trojans drop a spot this week despite being on a solid six-game winning streak as of late. They have three big games this week against Shekinah Christian, Granville Christian and Caldwell. Tree of Life’s schedule is the worst out of the five teams in the Division IV rankings, which will make the Trojans’ quest for a district title a tough one.
5. Centerburg (10-6, 2) - Centerburg drops to No.5 this week after taking a tough loss to Bishop Ready on Tuesday. They can prove themselves this week with two KMAC tests against Mount Gilead and Danville. Carter Jones may just be the best underclassmen in Division IV.
|1||1||Harvest Prep||12-2||15||vs. #3 (D4) Fisher Catholic, @ #1 (D4) Bishop Rosecrans|
|2||3||Worthington Christian||12-4||15||@ #4 Johnstown, @ Grove City Christian|
|3||2||Columbus Academy||9-4||14||@ #9 West Jefferson, vs. #9 (D2) Bexley|
|4||4||Johnstown||11-2||13||vs. Northridge, vs. #2 Worthington Christian, @ Newark Catholic|
|5||7||Fairbanks||13-2||6||vs. Elgin, @ Triad|
|6||10||Grandview Heights||9-5||8||vs. Washington Court House, @ Whitehall, @ Northmor|
|7||5||Pleasant||11-4||2||vs. Marion Harding, vs. Buckeye Valley, @ River Valley|
|8||NR||Amanda-Clearcreek||11-5||4||vs. New Hope Christian, @ Hamilton Township|
|9||8||West Jefferson||12-4||5||vs. #3 Columbus Academy, @ Mechanicsburg|
|10||NR||Bishop Ready||6-8||6||@ Liberty Christian, @ Franklin Heights, @ Cincinnati Roger Bacon|
|1||NR||Bishop Rosecrans||13-2||5||@ West Muskingum, vs. #1 (D3) Harvest Prep|
|2||2||Berne Union||10-4||3||@ Wellington, @ Circleville, vs. Grove City Christian|
|3||1||Fisher Catholic||10-5||2||@ #1 (D3) Harvest Prep, @ Wellington|
|4||3||Tree of Life||13-3||vs. Shekinah Christian, @ Granville Christian, @ Caldwell|
|5||4||Centerburg||10-6||2||vs. Mount Gilead, @ Danville|
Tag(s): Home Conferences Central Catholic League Bishop Ready Licking County League Johnstown KMAC Centerburg Mid State League Buckeye Amanda Clearcreek Cardinal Berne Union Fisher Catholic Harvest Prep Rosecrans Ohio Columbus Academy Grandview Worthington Christian Tree Of Life Others West Jeff Fairbanks Ohio Heritage Conference