COLUMBUS, Ohio -- It's almost time to tip off 2019. Before the ball drops, let's take a look at the latest rankings in Division III heading into the New Year.
1. Harvest Prep (7-1) - The Warriors suffered its first regular season loss since Feb. 18, 2017 this past weekend against Kettering Fairmont at the Machens Great 8 Classic in Missouri. The Warriors are still on the road, as they will play two games in Hammond, Ind. this week before returning to Ohio.
2. Johnstown (6-0) - Johnstown has rolled through the first six games of its schedule, holding teams to just above 34 points per game. The Johnnies are clicking on all cylinders and will look to remain unbeaten against Newark Catholic this week. Johnstown could be a serious threat to still be undefeated late into the regular season.
3. Fairbanks (6-1) - The Panthers of Fairbanks are rolling through the first seven games of the season and will look to take down Springfield Central Catholic, one of the state's better Division IV teams, this week. If Fairbanks can win that game, the Panthers should have a chance to really compete for an Ohio Heritage Conference title.
4. Grandview Heights (6-3) - Missing Luke Lachey due to mono this weekend, the Bobcats were defeated handily by Johnstown on Saturday in its annual holiday tournament. The road doesn't get much easier, as Grandview will travel to Columbus Academy this weekend for an important MSL matchup.
5. Africentric (6-3) - Africentric did not play last week, as the Nubains will be well rested for Saturday's night cap at The Challenge against a very good Thomas Worthington team, who comes into this week ranked at No. 15 in Division I. If the Nubians can take down the Cardinals, that will be a huge confidence boost going into the second half of the year.
6. Pleasant (6-1) - With just one loss, Pleasant has played quality basketball for the majority of the season. The Spartans have two MOAC matchups this week, the first against River Valley and the second at Clear Fork, in what should be its stiffest challenge of the year.
7. West Jefferson (7-2) - West Jeff saw its six-game win streak snap on Saturday at Linden-McKinley in a matchup where the Roughriders really struggled. Look for West Jeff to bounce back against Greeneview this week.
8. Worthington Christian (7-2) - Worthington Christian dominated its KMAC schedule last week and will look to remain hot in a tough matchup at Whitehall this weekend. Look for Whitehall's guards to give Worthington Christian all they can handle on the defensive end of the floor.
9. Columbus Academy (6-3) - Dominating in the Bruin Holiday Classic in wins over East and Briggs, Columbus Academy took home the event title for the third-straight year. The Vikings can make a splash in Division III by taking down No. 4 Grandview at home this weekend.
10. Amanda-Clearcreek (6-2) - Amanda-Clearcreek is back in the top 10 and looking to stay there. A win at Fairfield Union this week would do wonders for its case to win the MSL-Buckeye. Jayse Miller had a big week for the Aces last week, winning Pickaway County Hoops player of the week honors.
"SOR" stands for strength of record points. The higher the value, the better a team's resume.
|1||1||Harvest Prep||7-1||8||vs. 21st Century (IN), vs. Marquette Catholic (IN)|
|2||2||Johnstown||6-0||13||vs. Newark Catholic|
|3||4||Fairbanks||6-1||2||vs. Springfield Central Catholic|
|4||3||Grandview Heights||6-3||5||@ #9 Columbus Academy|
|5||7||Africentric||5-2||2||vs. #15 (D1) Thomas Worthington|
|6||6||Pleasant||6-1||2||vs. River Valley, @ Clear Fork|
|7||5||West Jefferson||7-2||5||vs. Greeneview|
|8||8||Worthington Christian||7-2||3||@ Whitehall|
|9||9||Columbus Academy||6-3||5||vs. #4 Grandview Heights|
|10||NR||Amanda-Clearcreek||6-2||4||@ Fairfield Union|