COLUMBUS, Ohio -- It's almost time to tip off 2019. Before the ball drops, let's take a look at the latest rankings in Division II heading into the New Year. Teams ranked No. 2 through No. 7 went 2-8 last week, which causes a major shift in rankings this week.
1. South (6-0) - With Columbus City Schools not resuming classes until Jan. 7, South is taking advantage of the extended break by heading down to Miami for the Westminster Classic for the second-straight year. The Bulldogs will have three tough games out of the state before returning to City League action next week.
2. Jonathan Alder (6-2) - After starting the season at 5-0, Jonathan Alder has lost two of its last three games to elite competition in South and Johnstown. The Pioneers will look to get back on track this week against Kenton Ridge in CBC play.
3. DeSales (5-3) - The Stallions are skidding right now, as DeSales dropped both games in Bethel Park, Penn. last week with the last one coming to Worthington Kilbourne. This week does not get much easier as home matchups against Bishop Ready and Kettering Fairmont, who took down Harvest Prep last week, await.
4. Bishop Hartley (5-3) - Hartley took care of business in Tuscarawas County last weekend by taking down previously undefeated Dayton Chaminade-Julienne and Bishop Fenwick. Hartley has just one game this week, as St. Charles will pay a visit on Friday to resume CCL action.
5. Buckeye Valley (5-3) - Buckeye Valley rises up the rankings this week after taking down No. 7 Bexley last week. With nearly every team ahead of them suffering losses, Buckeye Valley moves up four spots and enters the top five for the first time all year. The Barons have league matchups against Marion Harding and Shelby this week.
6. London (8-1) - Off to its best start in decades, London has dominated teams as of late and climbs up four spots this week. The Red Raiders have not lost with sophomore Jainaz Cameron in the lineup and will look to stay hot at Tecumseh this weekend.
7. Hamilton Township (7-2) - Taking its first loss in seven games, Hamilton Township fell back to earth against Grove City last week. The Rangers will look to remain unbeaten in MSL-Buckeye play with this weekend's matchup against a talented Logan Elm team.
8. Bishop Watterson (3-4) - Watterson went on the road and lost to Marysville last week. The Eagles will look to get back to its winning ways with tough matchups against Hamilton Badin and Mansfield St. Peter's this week.
9. Bexley (6-4) - Going 1-1 last week, the Lions fall two spots to No. 9. Bexley looks to take care of business on the road at Miami Trace and at home against St. Charles this week.
10. Centennial (5-1) - Centennial did not play last week and returns to the court with the toughest challenge of its season against No. 4 (D1) Pickerington North, ironically enough, at The Challenge at Africentric on Saturday.
|1||1||South||6-0||11||vs. TBD (FL), vs. TBD (FL), vs. TBD (FL)|
|2||2||Jonathan Alder||6-2||vs. Kenton Ridge|
|3||3||DeSales||5-3||7||vs. Bishop Ready, vs. Kettering Fairmont|
|4||8||Bishop Hartley||5-3||5||vs. St. Charles|
|5||9||Buckeye Valley||5-3||4||@ Marion Harding, vs. Shelby|
|7||4||Hamilton Township||7-2||4||vs. Logan Elm|
|8||5||Bishop Watterson||3-4||2||vs. Hamilton Badin, @ Mansfield St. Peter's|
|9||7||Bexley||6-4||4||@ Miami Trace, vs. St. Charles|
|10||NR||Centennial||5-1||1||vs. #4 (D1) Pickerington North|